Supply/Demand Blog post #2


      The iPad I have is the iPad 2 64 gigabyte but without the data. The first iPad that had come out was just a regular tablet without any cameras or anything fancy really. Everyone wanted the iPad because it was the next big thing and Apple was still becoming big during that time. The iPad took almost a complete 2 years to start and fully finish it because of all the difficult things to perfect it. A lot of people who were not quite familiar with apple at the time would have rather got the Acer tablet because the price for an iPad was $499 which is really expensive but the Acer was a lot cheaper I'm not sure on the exact price of that tablet but everyone was talking about the price difference. 
      The way the supply and demand works with iPad is if there are more people who want the iPad then the price for it is going to go up quite a bit because they are needing to make more but if people don't want the iPad then the demand will go down and the price will decrease quite a bit. The apple iPad has continued to become more and more famous and as each iPad gets more and more technical the more famous and popular it is getting which is making the demand go up and also increasing the prices.  When I got the iPad it was still pretty new so it was really expensive.
      I had the choice between getting the iPad or another kind of tablet but when I was in the middle of making the decision I wanted the iPad because I knew it would last me a while and even though it is a lot more expensive then most tablets but that didn't matter to me much because the iPad had a lot more to offer then all the other tablets that I was looking at. Im not sure when the iPad is at equilibrium but right now I feel like the iPad is increasing in demand so I really do not see the price going down on them for a while unless you want to buy an older version of the iPad. The first iPad came out in April of 2010 and now there are different types of iPads so that really just shows how everyone wants them and the price will either be staying the same or going up here in the next few years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 3 Elasticity and Utility